Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Tutorials: Inspiration Collage

Creating an Inspiration Collage in Your Journal


I use my journal for many purposes-- writing down thoughts, frustrations, inspirational quotes and more. Every now and then I like to include a sort of "inspiration board" entry made up of just images and quotes which is exactly what I want to share with you today!  The photo above is my finished product, my mini inspiration board right inside my personal journal (it is not every day that you get a glimpse into that fantastic piece of writing and passion), everything there has some meaning and inspires me in some way. Here's how to put it together.

First, gather your supplies together. Here's what I used:

My supply box...

Tags from products I've saved for tracing...

Box one of my sticker collection...

Some of the embellishments I have saved from trips and such...

Second, start placing your pieces on your "canvas," in this case the page(s) you will use for your collage.

My "canvas"

Pasting the background papers down.

Third, continue placing the embellishments you want to use in the desired fashion. I like the feel of the notebook paper barely showing as you can see below:

Almost finished, a bit of a block layout...

Complete, minus detail above heart...

Lastly, just have fun piecing and completing the collage! You'll feel so satisfied once you're finished and you'll have something uniquely beautiful.

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and my little collage! I'd love to see what others come up with!

Cheers!

PS: Check my flickr page for notes on the photos!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails