Thursday, February 18, 2010

Awareness Thursday: Fighting Cancer One Marathon at a time

As I was thinking of a charity event or awareness month to write about today I was reminded that I'd seen on facebook that my friends Paul and Tiffany Carbaugh were once again getting ready to run for cancer cure research. Last year I joined their group on facebook to encourage them in their endeavor to raise money and raise awareness for the need to find a cure for cancer of all types. I am not a runner but I will support those who are running for something that is so close to my own heart.

My own father battled cancer in the early 1990's and thanks to the grace of God has been in remission for over 15 years. The capable doctors who attended to him were amazing and full of faith. They never gave up and throughout that time I was able to get to know many other cancer patients who were being treated at the University of Virginia Medical Center. Knowing that people like Paul and Tiffany want to help others have a chance to keep enjoying life like my father has gives me great hope that there still are those who care and want to give without receiving anything in return. The satisfaction that comes with giving is inexplicably great. I can see that in the tone of Tiffany's writing as she speaks of what she felt when she first gave back and participated in a marathon.

To hear more about Paul and Tiffany's preparations to participate in the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon with Team In Training, please visit their blog at: http://riantphotography.wordpress.com/. Read Tiffany's compelling post, check out the other Riant Photography posts, and don't hesitate to give as well! Paul and Tiffany have set a goal of $6000 to raise and are 31% of the way there. I plan on making a small donation. Won't you join me as well?

Cheers and thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails