Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Musings: Life in Caracas

I've been here in Caracas for about 2 weeks now and so far I've been sticking mostly to La Candelaria and the surrounding areas. I've not really ventured very far away from the area I reside in much lately. Last week I went to BECO with my parents and got a few things, also went to the Centro San Ignacio (a very swank mall in Chacao) with my parents to show them around a bit. A couple of things we did: got new blinds for the window in my room, got a hook-rack for my purses which we placed in the closet, finally got a lamp/light fixture for my bedroom (it had been without for a few years now) and walked around checking some things out here and there.

Purse rack from BECO Chacaito

New white blinds from EPA

I've been to church the last two Sundays that I've been here and have seen some good friends from before which was nice. I've also been giving private tutoring sessions to a little girl in my building in one of the apartments downstairs twice a week and I hope to get more jobs in soon! I enjoy keeping it as local as possible but I know that I will eventually have to branch out some more if I want to make enough money to have a pretty good salary. I've got so much to share with you guys and am getting ready to prepare a tutorial for you this week! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

The girls and me: Nadia, Andrea and Maria Alejandra.

I had a tasty breakfast today (the cheese here is spectacular!) and watched Friends as well as The New Adventures of Old Christine while I ate. It comes on the Warner Channel in English with subtitles but it is nice just to be able to watch something in English! The breads here are also amazing...pretty much all the food is!

For breakfast: Whole Wheat bread toast, egg, and Palmi Zulia Cheese with coffee! Yum!

Later today I will be off to church to see my friends and fellowship with them! Here's to a great week and more posts to come!

Cheers!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails