I love recycling things that one uses daily and am constantly collecting papers, clippings, cardboard and the like! Yesterday I recycled a can of salmon and made it into a cute pencil holder. I used the following materials so you can do the same if you like:
- cleaned can of salmon (taller than a soup can and more slender at the bottom)
- 3 shades of fibrous tissue paper- teal, blue and purple
- circle and flower clippings from decorative papers
- Elmer's Craft Bond: Paper Craft Glue Gel
- PROART White Bristle Paint Brush #10
- small piece of brown felt, for bottom
- small piece of self-adhesive corkboard for inside bottom
Choose the papers and pattern according to your taste. I used 3 tones of the tissue paper that would be dark on the background so that the dots and flowers would stand out and have a bit of a contrast. I like vivid colors, you might want to try earthy tones, primary colors or pastels. It just depends on your taste. Go wild!
After you have glued down all of the tissue paper pieces, brush over them a bit of decoupage such as Mod Podge or make your own using 2/3 parts craft glue and 1/3 part water. Apply a coat over top with the paint brush. Let dry completely.