Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Musings: It's been too long...

My computer died on me about a week ago and I have yet to figure out what is wrong with it. In the meantime, my wonderful parents have been so kind as to let me use their computer to check e-mail and the like. I've had a few little side-projects going on. Besides working in retail at present and learning Russian I have been trying to find ways to get creative with my gift-giving. As many of you know, I am involved in pen palling, and always look for creative little gifts to give my pals (you can check my blog about pen palling out as well if you like by clicking here).

Anyhow, back to my topic, I have a wonderful pen pal here in the US who is really into all things paper (as am I) and I'm compiling a few little trinkets for her and decided to include some paper clips for keeping little papers or scraps together. This is what I came up with:


Aren't they fantastic? I have beyond way too many paper clips which I rarely use and the gems were part of a belt I'd saved to use in some crafty idea some day so...what a better way to add bling to your paper accessories than with some flashy paper clips? I've seen them made with buttons which I also love but I thought it appropriate for this friend to fashion them with pretty girly-colored gems. Here is one more shot of them before I go!


Pretty, right? I thought so!


Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails