Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Tutorials: Tag Regeneration, turning price tags into gift tags


I love to reuse things that most people would just toss out with the day's garbage and while it may seem odd it gives me great satisfaction to be able to make something out of nothing. A little creativity really does go a long way and there are endless things one can do with what one has lying around. 


Inspired by the latest challenge I've been participating in, the ICAD2, I kept my paints, stamps and deco tapes out in hopes of getting inspired to make these little gift tags from clothing price tags that I've been saving. I used many random materials and so can you!

I started out with a variety of tags in various shapes and sizes (my favorites
are the aerie ones from American Eagle). Altering tags to create gift tags was
how I envisioned reusing these and I am so glad I did! 
...
 I used craft acrylic paint in two different whites to prep my tags for stamping
and to cover up prices, logos, etc. I applied as many coats as it took and  let
dry between each application.
...
Adding color and embellishment to tags is fairly easy. I used scrap booking
paint for one and watercolor for the other tag pictured in these four detailed
views. I used a .01 micron pen to write the "to" and "from" on each tag and
used some stamps and ink pads I have to decorate the tags along with some
deco tape as well. 
...
Lastly, get creative! Let your imagination take flight and make things that
you enjoy looking at. The recipient of your gifts will no doubt appreciate
the fact that you made the gift tag yourself and lovingly added the perfect
touches. Above are just 4 of my tags. More to follow soon! Let's see yours!

Such a fun project can also be adapted to make with children. Use finger paints to give tags an interesting effect or have children paste strips of tissue paper on either side of the tags, using collage techniques, etc. Letting your creativity flow is the key!



Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails